Full Cover Decal Tutorial
1) Paint your nails with a Clear Base Coat for Full Cover Decals (Base coat is not necessary but it does help the product to adhere)
2) Cut out your nail decals with scissors so you have the image size fairly close to your nail size. Best to cut out all your images before you start applying so you can do your whole set with no interuptions
3) Grab your decal with tweezers and submerge it in water. Hold the decal under the surface of the water for up to 30 seconds. You can also let it rest on the top. The decal will curl slightly whilst in the water. When they are soft enough they will straighen out between your fingers
4) Remove your decal from the water and it should easily slide off of the paper backing. Try to grip the decal between your pointer and thumb fingers and it should slide right off the backing. If the decal does not slip off when you do this then that means you didn’t submerge it long enough. Simply dunk the decal for a few more seconds and try again. When it’s ready it will slide right off the paper with barely any pressure.
5) Place the decal on your nail. You’ll see that it’s not too sticky so you’ll have time to slide it around on your nail until you find the right spot.
6) After finding the perfect position for you apply some light pressure to help squeeze out any water that may be under the decal. Dab with paper towel to help soak up any excess water. Be gentle, our decals are thin and flexible to suit your nail shape, too much pulling may split your image. Your decal may not adhere straight away but give it some time and it will stick.
7) Leave the nail you just worked on and proceed to apply the rest of your nail decals (If you are not comfortable working around the decals you just applied you can do the next 2 steps first then proceed with the rest of your nails.
8) Apply a thin layer of good quality top coat to the whole nail. Be quick and steady, three strokes MAX to the image otherwise you may cause your image ink to run.
9) Paint the overhanging edge of your decal with top coat. The top coat has an awesome effect where it will melt any over hanging decal and leave the design that is adhered to your nail.
10) Allow to dry completely then pull away the remaining decal left under your nail with tweezers.
Your done! Enjoy your gorgeous Naughty Nails Decals!
If you have any water left over or air bubbles you will see these after you topcoat - Try to make sure you have no excess water left over or airbubbles for a smooth finish.
Any decal that is overhanging on your cuticles or sides will cause your product to lift. try to keep the image inside of your nail bed so that it gets sealed in.
Apply a new layer of top coat every day or so to keep your decals lasting and remember to cap the end of your nail with top coat - They can last up to 4 weeks with the right care.